Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Kid's clothing sewing swap - second oufit

I have to admit the instructions looked simple and easy but sewing the bottom half of this outfit was a bit of a stretch for me. Partly because I like little diagrams and in-depth instructions that I can follow to the rule, and secondly there were a few things about the bottom half that I'd never attempted (successfully) before. Even in my decades of sewing I've only tried a fly front once and that was a semi (that is, still wearable) disaster. So then when I go to work out how to do it this time, years and years later, I search the internet and find there are lots of different tutorials which show similar yet all different ways to do a fly front which ends up just confusing me more. Yes, I did pick one way and yes, next time I will do it differently. Finally, though it is finished and here is a sneak peek.

One of my favourite bits (from the top piece which is also Ottobre but quicker to sew)

3 comments:

T5 said...

Oh these sneak peaks are great. I am looking forward to seeing the completed outfits though. Can't wait much longer.

Unknown said...

It looks great - I can't wait to see the whole thing!

brazen's crafts said...

very cool!